Thursday, April 28, 2011

I don't understand people's logic

All these major tornado's we've been having in places that shouldn't get tornados...why do some people I know seem more willing to attribute them to someone's interpretation that the end date a calendar of a long-dead civilization corresponds to the end of the world (and not just the end of the calendar - a calendar that experts have said we don't even understand how it correlates to modern dates anyway), than to climate change even though severe storms are exactly what the experts in the field predicted would happen?

Maybe people just prefer the option that doesn't suggest they're responsible. Or maybe people just forgot what "experts" means since they're ignored in both scenarios.

3 comments:

  1. Or maybe it's just the atmosphere doing it's thing. It's always been pretty unpredictable if you ask me :)

    Couldn't you believe both in the Mayan calendar thing AND climate change being the cause of it, though? (Note: I don't)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike: Oh, sure I'm not saying people can't believe both things, or neither, I'm just going on something I specifically heard from a friend, and I don't understand that logic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I guess some people aren't too into the whole logic thing ;)

    ReplyDelete